mail on outlook express
professionalcomputers
2003-08-03 15:36:48 UTC
I don't think it will work. If you are on servihoo.com, then it would
probably be mail.servihoo.com instead of smtp.intnet.mu
Jim West
2003-08-04 08:39:28 UTC
r u sure servihoo is pop3?

i know @intnet.mu is pop3 but @servihoo.com???
dave
2003-08-03 16:04:55 UTC
no, servihoo mail is a web based mail system
but you can send mail via t+ mail
Hello Every body
I have an e-mail on servihoo.com and would like to view it on either
outlook
express or Microsoft outlook.Is it possible to do it and if yes are these
parameters ok?
incoming mail server : POP3
incoming mail : bow .intnet.mu
outgoing mail :smtp.intnet.mu
thank you in advance..
regards
Nadim Attari
2003-08-04 05:29:40 UTC
Post by dave
no, servihoo mail is a web based mail system
but you can send mail via t+ mail
T+ is using CommuniGate Pro Messaging Server (http://www.stalker.com/) for
@servihoo.com emails. They have not enabled pop3 (it is a feature present in
C-Pro)

T+ policy is that they get as much page views for their portal... so pop3
disabled; they haven't told that you can connect to the chat server using a
mirc client (server: chat2.servihoo.com, IP: 202.123.2.98, channel:
#!wanadoo.ile-maurice!) ...

BTW, T+ staff have got @telecomplus.net emails now ...

Nadim Atatri
sphen
2003-08-04 12:15:42 UTC
Post by Nadim Attari
T+ policy is that they get as much page views for their portal... so pop3
disabled; they haven't told that you can connect to the chat server using a
#!wanadoo.ile-maurice!) ...
Just logged on to this and I have to admit I am surprised by the number of
users. It makes me so relieved to see some Mauritians on irc insulting each
other and abusing the English language. I guess this is what the government
meant when they talking about a Cyber Island :-))
--
Stephen Naicken

Homepage - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.naicken/
PGP Key - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.naicken/stephennaicken.asc
The Ancient One
2003-08-04 14:00:55 UTC
Post by Nadim Attari
T+ policy is that they get as much page views for their portal... so pop3
disabled;
Moreover that would mean direct competition with the intnet.mu address which
we pay for every month whereas the servihoo.com is free
Post by Nadim Attari
they haven't told that you can connect to the chat server using a
#!wanadoo.ile-maurice!) ...
Maybe they don't even know themselves..they just got the link that's all :)
Better use the Mirc client than the Java app (connection speed) which is
awesome. Hats off to the french who developed it.
Now T+ don't say that you coded and implemented the RFC 1459 in it, you are
only good at editing templates :)
Bah..this won't make them more professional. The day when they will
developed something like a messenging service like MSN incorporating the
intnet.mu address instead of "stealing" the work of others then they can
talk....
sphen
2003-08-04 20:05:38 UTC
Post by The Ancient One
Bah..this won't make them more professional. The day when they will
developed something like a messenging service like MSN
incorporating the intnet.mu address instead of "stealing" the work
of others then they can talk....
What's the point of reinventing the wheel? It's what reusable code,
templates and so on are all about. T+ is a business, so if it is
cheaper to stick with the template, then they will do exactly that.

- --
Stephen Naicken
- --